Ever wonder why Americans ask "How are you?" (but they don't always want an honest answer?)
Join our FREE English Classes and explore U.S. culture through conversation. This is a drop-in class; students do NOT need to attend all classes in order to participate. Email email@example.com for any questions and to register for the course.
Time: Saturdays at 9:00 - 10:00 AM PT
Location: Sepulveda Resource Room - 3281 S Sepulveda Blvd.
Some topics that will be covered in the course include:
- Introductions and taking leave
- Making small talk and meeting American friends
- Refusing, requesting, and complaining
- Resolving miscommunications and apologizing
- Thanking others
- How to give culturally appropriate comments
This course is an opportunity to practice English speaking and listening skills while exploring U.S. culture.